Tuesday, June 28, 2011

A Birthday Surprise!

I mentioned before, that my first gift of the day was an appointment with a 3D/4D ultrasound Technician at Bella Angel. here in Maple Grove, MN. I had seen the store front when driving past before, and when I discovered I would be pregnant during my long visit here, I really wanted to try it out.

It's a completely different atmosphere to your regular medical ultrasound. There are big, dark stained wooden doors, a massive comfy couch for family members, a projector, the lights are all dimmed, there's spa-like background music, and the bed you lay on is nice and squishy! The technician was so excited about the fact that I was expecting, and about the baby itself, rather than having to focus on measurements, and making sure everything looked A-Ok. Upon leaving, you receive a bag of goodies, a couple of photo print-outs, all the photo proofs on CD, and the entire session on DVD. Well worth the $130 in my opinion!

We got plenty of great movement from the little one. It was awake and kicking for most of the 30+ minutes we were there. It was amazing to see something so tiny, already with everything it will have when born. Tiny fingers and toes, ears and a cute Cameron-like nose!


Platt #2 sure does also have Cameron's long skinny legs, and massive feet!


One of the tech's first questions for me was whether we were looking for gender. After going a full 41 weeks not knowing with Cameron's pregnancy, I was dying for an opportunity to shop in advance this time around!

My little kiddo's are just awkward though! The umbilical cord just *happened* to be right inbetween the legs on this occasion, obstructing a very clear view for most of the session.


The tech still did have a very good idea though, and was 95% sure she was right by the time the session had finished. She was incredibly sweet though, and invited me back the following day for a free quick peek in the hopes that baby had moved enough for a definite gender answer.

I think I was more excited about going back a second time, knowing what to expect, and having a second peek at my little one. The tech was still so cute, and excited, and we basically had another 30+ minute session for free, plus another 60+ photos on CD. The cord was still right between the legs, although baby did pick it up near the end, and we got a better look!

The news is official this time around though, and thankfully she was right! (since I had already made my first purchase yesterday!!) The Platt Family is expecting a little GIRL!

1 comment:

Antonia said...

Congratulations! That is so exciting. I do have to say, that we love Girls at our house!