Saturday, July 24, 2010

Unwanted rehab

I have come to the realization that my laptop is a major contributor of who I am. Well, maybe that's a little extreme, but it certainly is the first place I turn when nap time rolls around.

I often tell Clark that the camera he gave me last Christmas was the best gift he's ever given me...and that's saying something, since the last few gifts have consisted of clothes, spa days, costly electronics, and diamonds in one form or another. (Clark is one hell of a good gift giver). My camera though, is different. It continues to create new and exciting memories. It gives me something to learn, to constantly improve at, to feel like I am somewhat accomplishing something in my otherwise "nothing-but-a-housewife" life. We create the memories as a family, but it's my job to capture them in a media that we can "knock-on-wood" keep forever.

My camera has unintentionally created a critical bond between myself and my laptop. The snapshot is only the first part of the equation, and my artsy fartsy nature cannot leave it at that. Photographs are not ready to be seen until they have been edited to perfection. I certainly don't claim to be a world class editor, but as my skill for the field improves, as does the level of what I consider to be "perfect".

I am addicted. Addicted to taking photos, and even more addicted to editing them. So since my laptop charger quit on me last week, I have been having some serious withdrawals. Since I see life through a lens, Cameron has become a permanent model. He's cute when he does just about anything other then whine, and even sometimes then, so it's only natural for me to need to photograph every second! Needless to say, I have a weeks worth, (approximately 140 photos, and 2 videos) sitting on my sim card, waiting to be beautified, and it's killing me!

No comments: