Saturday, January 26, 2013

Overdue Catch-up

I was going to start this post off by saying how bad I feel not keeping up on my blogging. Yet, after going through all the other blogs I follow, and seeing that I am not even half as bad as you guys, I don't feel quite as guilty at all! However, things here are definitely a-changing, and it's time I put it down in writing. Both my little kiddos had their birthday's! Cameron turned 3 in November, and had himself a cute Thomas the Tank party. Grandma sent up some awesome plates, cups, a banner, and balloons, and I made him a Thomas cake. Grandpa even happened to be in the area on business, so he was able to stay with us for a couple of days, and made it to his party. He had plenty of train presents, and Clark and I got him a train track table for his ever growing train collection. He still plays with it at least once a day, and loves to line up all his trains on the track.
Cameron is sure growing up. I notice his intellect evolving every day as he learns words and phrases that shock me! He is a very intelligent guy, and I love our conversations during the day. He sure entertains me! He is still a Platt anomaly coming in at a consistent 80th percentile for height, though his skinny, athletic body is not such a surprise!
We had another little birthday a month later, when our baby Teegs turned one! I unfortunately was really starting to feel the morning sickness by this time, and it was a challenge for me to pull her birthday off in the way I wanted to. It was definitely on a much smaller scale to Cameron's first one, but I tried my best! We just invited close friends and family to our house for cake on Sunday evening. Clark and I got her her first little dolly, and she received some cute clothes from extended family.
She has definitely come into her own over the last 6 months. She can scream with the best of them when things aren't going her way! So much for my quiet little angel!! Though she took her first steps well before she turned 1, she didn't actually start walking everywhere until around Christmastime. It was sure been fun to watch her progress so much physically, and emotionally over the last few months. She is a little peanut, coming in at around the 30th percentile for height, and skinny just like her brother, though she definitely sports plenty of junk in the trunk! What a sweetheart she is, and we are so lucky to have her cute face in our family.
Since our kids are just so darn cute and cool, it seemed unfair to the world for us to stop at two! ;) A couple of weeks before Halloween, I found out I was expecting again.
Clark was still at work for the day, so I decided to go and buy our family's pumpkins as a cute way to tell him the good news. I bought one for each of us. When he arrived home, we were all sat outside waiting for him. He noticed the pumpkins, and began counting. He asked why there were 5, and I smiled. He guessed right away, and was a happy fella.
I am just about half way along now, and we just had our ultrasound a couple days ago.
Here in Lethbridge, it is their policy not to disclose gender personally, but to wait until the radiologist has examined the results, and sent them over to the OB/GYN. So sometimes it can take a few days after the ultrasound to actually find out. Of course, it was Clark and my agenda to weasel it out of the technician then and there! We were in luck. We had a super friendly guy, who could tell we had zero preference for gender this time around, and at the very end of the appointment, he showed us gender, and asked what Clark thought it was. He guessed another little girl, and the technician said, I would guess you are right. So another little lady it is! I would absolutely have been happy either way, but now that I know it's a girl, I really am excited for Tegan to have a sister so close in age. Not only that, but they also have a girl cousin that is smack bang in between both of their ages, so it will be an army of estrogen as they grow up together! I called my parents right away, then came home to make some cupcakes as a way to tell our close friends and family in the area. Chocolate cupcakes, with a question mark on top, and inside, some pink icing to indicate a girl.
Christmastime was sure fun around here. I love being at my parents house every other year, but enjoy being in our own home just as much. Especially as our kids grow older. We are finding lots of family traditions we like to incorporate into our festivities. The kids always get new jammies to wear on Christmas Eve. I love watching them open up their presents. Cameron is really starting to understand the concept, and surprisingly enough, Tegan certainly didn't need much help either!
Christmas morning was spent in our home for Santa presents, and gifts from each other. Clark's parents briefly stopped by, then we all got ready, and headed out to Calgary to stay for a couple of days with Clark's sister and her family. It was fun for all the cousins to get together, and we were all spoiled with gifts, and plenty of yummy food! I seriously LOVE turkey dinner!

No comments: