Saturday, June 16, 2012

The Incident

When a friend asked me to paint her toes, I was more than excited to. Little did I know that a simple task would turn into a night at the emergency room! As I tried to open my newest bottle of neon polish, the whole thing split in two! I knew immediately as I pulled the skin apart to look, that it would need some stitches. I looked at it, looked at my friends, and said, don't freak out guys, but I will likely pass out.
Clark walked me over to the sink, and I proceeded to fall into it, then onto the ground as I lost consciousness. And despite the warning, there was still some freaking out as I came to. haha. I could hear them whispering about how bad the cut was, and I kept telling them I was hurt, not deaf!
I finally got up, and Clark drove me to emerg. Our friends stayed behind, and watched our kids until we got back home. We were finally back around 4am, with 6 stitches in my right hand. The next few days were pretty uncomfortable, and I still had nail polish everywhere, though I tried my best to clean it.

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I still can't believe how crazy that is, and it looks oh so painful! I'm glad you're okay though.